Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Excitement on Eagleston




So we have had a nice relaxing few days around here. Joel's parents have been in town since Monday evening and have kept the kids busy. Today, they went to the movies to see Wall-E. So I had a nice day without children. (Yes, Kelly Pack 2 days in a row!) I was off running errands, which I might add included a trip to Hobby Lobby, the scrapbook store, Target and the bookstore. Errands are so much fun without kids! After completing my errands and returning to our neighborhood, I get to the top of our street and notice the garbage truck seems to be slightly on its side. As I approach I see it definitely has its right tires buried into the side of the street. We had a water main break last week, which the city claimed to have fixed, but apparently did not fill the hole properly, hence the sunken truck! The kids were excited to have 2 cops, 2 huge tow trucks and several city officials on the scene. They finally tow the truck out out of the hole and then the police car would not work. All in a days work for the city of O.B. workers. There is always excitement on our street! It is a great place to live. Anyone want to buy a house it comes loaded with drama everywhere you turn.

1 comment:

Jon and Kelly Pack said...

All I have to say is YOU STINK!!!(In the most loving and jealous way possible!)