Monday, August 4, 2008

Meet the Teacher

No photo tonight-Mom forgot to take a picture while we were at school.

Well, Josh met his teacher today, Mrs. Janes. Josh was happy that there were 3 kids in his class that he knew. Two from last year and one from church. His teacher said peanut butter is ok! That is a huge bonus as Josh has been in the peanut free class the last two years. I am waiting for the note to come home saying it is not allowed. As I walking out of his class I noticed a peanut allergy kid in his class. Urgh so close!

He met his teacher. He could care less. I really think this is not meant for kids. After Kindergarten, really what is the point. It is for the controlling parents to check out who is going to be taking care of their children for the next 181 days. Yes, I admit I fall into this controlling parent category. I was more excited to check her out, than Josh was. He wanted to stay home and play with Joel. I was very ncouraged when 2 friends with 3rd graders said she is very good and fun. Maybe that will get Josh excited about school.

He is at a new school this year. So drop off and pick up will be a new routine. As we are walking to the car I ask Josh if he wants me to walk him in the first day. His response, "No." I guess 2nd grade is not such a big deal. Wait while I wipe away my tears:) So he is growing up. Sad-yes. I do have to admit I am a little glad that I do not have to look for parking on the first day of school!

Only one month left until Belle starts school. She was mad today that she did not get her school supplies together. This is very encouraging!

No comments: