Saturday, August 30, 2008

Elmo Grows Up


Yesterday, Belle and I had a girls day out. She starts school on Wednesday so I though this would be a nice end of the summer celebration. She loved it and frankly, so did I. It was at the Desoto Civic Center at 10:30 in the morning. We had no trouble with parking, purchasing merchandise or finding our seats. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys going to shows. Belle clapped, danced, sang and waved at the characters. Afterward she gave me a big hug and a kiss and thanked me. That made it worth it all! She was excited the entire way home and we talked about how the characters showed us what they want to be when they grow up. Belle's favorite was Abra Cadabra, she wanted to be a fairy godmother.
On Thursday, Belle had her orientation for Pre-K. She really seemed to love it. She met her teacher, Mrs. Kelly. I believe our prayers have been answered and God has placed her right where she is meant to be. Belle went right in and started playing. There were several children that were scared, so I am comforted that Belle is not the only one in this same situation. They say there is strength in numbers. I see some girl bonding going on! Belle is talking about her school, but I am not sure she understands that I will not stay with her. Thankfully, I have complete trust and confidence in her teacher that even if she does not like it, I know she is being taken care of by Mrs. Kelly. Stay tuned to Wed. for an update.

No comments: