Friday, July 3, 2009

Michigan

The kids and I drove to Michigan this week. They are spending a week and a half with their Grandparents. The kids enjoyed visiting the town I grew up in. We drove by my old schools and houses. Nothing has really changed. They still have the signs that my dad carved in our old subdivision. It was neat to point them out to Belle. Of course she said, "I miss PaPo, he was such a nice man." She cracks me up.

We also were able to visit with a handful of friends. It was nice to hear stories of my parents that I have never heard before this week. The kids loved swimming in the pools, hot tub and of course Lake Michigan. It was a great trip. After dropping off the kids, I was able to visit with my great friend Brandy. It was wonderful visiting with her and her awesome little girl Devi. We plan to do it again next year. Now I am enjoying some much needed alone time! The drive home was long, but nice. Imagine listening to any music or talk radio that you want! Now the fun begins. We are redoing the kids rooms while they are gone. We are trying to get the house prepared to eventually go on the market. Joel and I are looking forward to dinners alone, maybe a movie and our visit with the architect on Wed. The house is awfully quiet around here.

St. Joe had all of these Safari Stampede animals. Belle had to pose with everyone we passed. Check out the foot. She definitely knows how to work the camera
I basically had to bribe Josh to take his picture! Notice the sweatshirts. Yes it was the beginning of July and it was absolutely freezing! Upper 50's lower 60's, but don't worry we still spent time at the beach and the kids actually swam.
Silver Beach - St. Joe, Michigan
BRRRRR!!!
They experienced a wonderful sand storm Monday night when we went to check out the Lake. They did not enjoy it at all, but it don't stop them from wanting to go back the next day.

No comments: