Thursday, September 11, 2008

Growing Up Witucki

For all of you that don't know my maiden name is Witucki(Wa-too-key)and I was raised about a mile from Lake Michigan. Most of you hear the word lake and images of a small body of water come to mind, but this is not true of the Great Lakes. I have a lot of great memories. We used to spend hours at the beach swimming when we were little, sledding on the dunes in the winter, tanning as teenagers, camping and star gazing. Many events happened there, homecoming, post prom parties, and senior pictures. That is the one thing I miss about growing up in Michigan and it is sad to me that my children will not have these same experiences. The town I grew up in was located across the lake from Chicago. On very clear nights you could see the glow of the Chicago skyline. I do not ever remember seeing such a clear view of Chicago as the one below. If you look at the sun you will see small buildings lining the horizon. It may not seem like a big deal, but believe me this is a rare shot. If you can get a full page picture you can really see the buildings.



No comments: